When we talk about marketing strategies in most cases just defining a marketing mix varied with the possibility of measuring all actions and refines much more in a second stage with data in hand. If our budget is tight margin of error is reduced considerably and not hit from the beginning causes not get a clear return on sales thus limiting our range of action a while.
I have heard many SMEs saying that adopt defensive postures waiting to pass the time in times of crisis when what they are doing is delaying the process of adaptation to the new economic context.
- No decrease visits to the outlets although average spending in each
- The client compares much more before purchase and it uses mainly internet. Consequently lower the% of loyal customers
- Increase the need to feel protected to a global uncertainty
- Many expenses are postponed or purchases provided they are not necessities
- Proliferate substitutes
- The consumers seek escape from a reality unrewarding
Once analyzed broadly the new market trends we may take actions that go in line with the new reality, I propose the following:
- We need to increase the dynamism and frequency of sales promotion: 2 × 1, 2as% off sales, lower prices for products hook. There are many ways to get draw attention generating permanent sense of novelty.
- Short and clear messages Promotions. Not communicate anything that you will not be able to fulfill. In times of crisis the consumer is even more distrustful.
- INBOUND MARKETING: Always try to create value for your customers to be found and not have to bombard your customers with advertising messages that can overwhelm them. It is often associated with creating content for your industry that customers perceive you as an expert. Interact with them to resolvable doubts and so will you learn as you earn their trust and gratify you with shopping. For this you have social networks, blogs, newspapers or journals …
- Co-branding: this point has different versions as shared advertising campaign with a key supplier, 3th use technology to your own sales value… Seeks alliances to help share expenses.
- Run your own referral program: Use your most loyal to reward them if they recommend your business and customers translate into sales. Tactics life but very efficient.
- Post free promotions or coupons on internet portals: You only have to pay for sales: Coupon, opportunity. You can also offer promotions for certain groups.
- Throw out press releases to media. Thanks to certain portals you can now do so at low cost.
- Post a funny video about your business that generates virility. Wherever he surprised the extent that they end up having some videos.
These are some of the actions that we carry out, what is clear is that more difficult times are required and need to be much more imaginative.